Sunday, 11 September 2016

self + faces.

I.

There's a lot of self in this world, both online and not. Self esteem. Self belief. Self confidence. Yet as our self____  makes us smile,  it tears others down. Whilst their self____ radiates, we doubt ours. It's a vicious cycle and I hate it. I.

Have you ever looked a girl and thought, wow she's beautiful without automatically thinking, wow I'm not. Or wow, she's prettier then me. Hotter than me. Better than me... until you've reduced yourself to a lesser being. I know I have. We are such a critical race and criticise we shall. Everything. Our eyebrow shape, the size of our eyes, lips, skin, hair, teeth. Everything that ticks the box of 'human'. Scrolling through tumblr, I will see picture upon picture of beautiful girls. 'Beautiful'.





And yet they all look different. Beauty is so broad; why the hell can't you fit in to it too? And when I look at these girls I don't feel self belief or self confidence or self esteem. I feel self doubt. The same way every single person behind the camera would feel self doubt at seeing another 'beautiful' face. It's so sad that we can't appreciate beauty without criticising our own. That we can't say you're beautiful without thinking of our self.

I want to challenge us to compliment; to love other beauty and self love our own. Let's bring everyone up (including ourselves). Faces appreciating faces. That- that's beautiful.

As always, replies are welcome.
-J

6 comments:

  1. First I thought this was yet another post telling everyone to love theirselves which is important too, but what you wrote is so important aswell! Just giving compliments without wanting some back (most people think so tho) makes you more beautiful actually, great post!
    xo

    www.rainandrecords.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your support sooo much! I'm going to check out your blog now. And yes, nobody ever really discusses appreciating other beauty as well as your own.

      Delete
  2. Ahh this is so eloquently written. I have been doubting myself so much recently, mostly interior rather than exterior (why do I think so much, am I clever enough, will I ever exceed etc) and man doesn't it eat you up inside?
    This is such a grounding reminder that everyone has the doubt, I'm not mad :)
    katie-louu.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for your comment! oh my, I am a bundle of doubts... i believe everyone carries insecurities around- which is exactly why we should address them! Lots of love...

      Delete
  3. your writing is as beautiful as you are, so inspiring x

    http://lovefromtasha.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete