Wednesday, 28 September 2016

of nothing + everything.

I felt compelled to write a blog post. About what exactly... is the question I'm asking myself, right now, as I type this with pyjama bottoms, a messy ponytail and coursework waiting to be written.

Words are very strange and very fascinating. Somehow, what I'm thinking in my messy-messy brain can translate on to paper (or in this case, a computer screen). And then sometimes, somehow, words aren't enough and everything is just very blank and heavy and nothing.

I wrote this a couple of weeks ago when everything felt very jumbled and I was angry, sad, stupefied and very very tired:

I’m a myriad of thoughts, emotions, expressions, laughter, tears and stillness. How can you even begin to unpick what I’m feeling?

And I guess that 'you' could be nothing and everything all at once. Am I making sense? Maybe. It doesn't really matter... sometimes words are meant to be just that- words. 

(I've been studying Hamlet and it appears his soliloquy's are affecting more than I realised- oops). 

Everything is always romanticised. All the emotions. It's all a bit messy- like a jigsaw puzzle being forced together and we're told 'that's just life'. 

And sometimes I want to be completely in-eloquent and sum up everything (and nothing) with 'bleh.' 

So, yes, I feel as though I am at a war with words and feelings and all the little unspoken emotions threaded in between... 

Until next time,
-J

P.S. 201 followers on bloglovin'. Hell yeah! 

2 comments:

  1. v v interesting thoughts. I so feel the romanticism of ones head, I was explaining this my parents when I was having a shitty day that I catastrophise the crap because it makes for melodramatic writing. My bad days are where I get my inspiration-I'm not sure this is such a good thing.
    But when you can't even use your sadness/emptiness/bleurgh-ness to create good literature, it really sucks.
    hope you're feelin free-er/more inspired/more 'together' soon
    katie-louu.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  2. very interesting post,thanks for sharing...

    Gold HNI Calls

    ReplyDelete