Saturday, 25 April 2015

I forgot // writing inspiration












Urgh it has been such a long time since I've posted. I feel a bit like crying a little every day I wake up. The exam stress has definitely consumed me and I'm just trying so hard to keep things in perspective. I always listen to relaxing music before bed with my fairy lights on to calm me down - it helps. I also haven't written anything in a while. Of course I've written essays (way too many) and revision notes and mind maps and quotes, but not the type of writing I feel most free in. I honestly have no idea how this little paragraph will go, as usual I am writing whatever comes in to my head, but you guys always seem to like my musings so here goes: *read this whilst listening to Paint by The Paper Kites (it's what I listened to as I wrote this) *

I saw the world today. 
Alone. I barely moved. Just sat and drank the world like a drink of the purest water. Only the rain masked my thoughts that licked the mountains and danced in the rivers. I forgot. The air was so comforting. An embodiment of senses as I allowed the wind to skim my skin. I flew higher. And higher in to the clouds that greeted me as I danced in the filtering sunlight. I forgot. The pine needles caught the rays. A harmonious battle of nature as I laughed in the sheer sublimity of the sky. I forgot. I forgot that I had turned the final page. 
I forgot that I was reading. 

I guess that was a mere portrayal of the power a really good book can have over us. I hope to write a book like that one day : an all consuming tale that tampers with reality.

Keep breathing and listening to the world around you,
J

all these pictures were taken from my tumblr

5 comments:

  1. Amazing as always jessie, you must write a book one day! Love the photos too x
    http://www.catchingdreamsblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aa I love this, totally imagine what you were describing when reading that paragraph! I wish I was this creative :-)

    Rebeka from Rebeka Taylor xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aah I love your writing so much. I wish I was abke to write as well as this. :)

    wavesofpretty.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow so beautiful and love all the pictures as well!!
    http://haileylauderdale.blogspot.com
    http://closetofgypsies.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your writing is beautiful. So beautiful. Also, I'm sorry to hear you feel so stressed and I hope you'll feel better soon and that you do well on those exams!

    ReplyDelete