Wednesday, 31 December 2014

thoughts on 365 days



365 days is a long time 
Or is it?
365 days generates tears, laughter, mourning, despair, tragedy, happiness, love
A continuous cycle of three, six and five
All with the ability to rocket 
Or plummet
Each day either better than the last
Or worse 
365 days finishes with a bucketful of naive optimism
Hope
365 days is a year
And a year is a fraction of life
Tiny
Yet significant
If you make it so
Sometimes it is out of your control
And that's okay too
Just live this next year 
And ride it out because
365 days is a long time

I am aware that the above poem is not my best writing, however it is truthful. People do try to dive in to 2015 or 16 or 97 or whatever with large amounts of hope and desires. If little things have gone wrong in the previous year they are told to forget about it and make the following 365 days the best yet. In some retrospect, I do agree with this thinking. And in others I don't. Life can be uncontrollable. Death is a part of life, the same way sadness and laughter is. I have goals for the new year but if I don't achieve them I won't see it as a fail. Or a bad year. A bad 365 days. But as another year of wisdom. And life.

2014

// I created my instagram account (which now has 5.2k followers)
// This blog reached 100 followers!
// I collaborated with several companies
// I turned 16
// I completed several of my GCSE's
// I lost friends and developed new ones
// I had ups and downs


... I lived

2015 aspirations

// To get an A* in five of my GCSE's
// To host several giveaways
// To reach 10k on my instagram
// To get a job
// To go abroad
// To strengthen friendships and build new ones
// To find happiness in dark places


... to live


Here's to another 365 days of life,

-J







9 comments:

  1. I really like this post and really enjoy your poems and short stories! Hope 2015 turns out well for you and all your aspirations actually come true

    missace99.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh this is written so well! I absolutely love your writing style and your opinion on the new years resolutions! Happy early new year
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this so much.
    Happy new year!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. i don't think you understand how good you are at writing exactly what everyone's thinking but can't put into words! I love reading everything you write and you inspire me a lot ahhh. Happy new year and congratulations on everything you've achieved! x
    http://www.catchingdreamsblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have an awesome blog!

    ~Racic
    washed-water.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. this one is my favourite because the poem is really unqiue holding a moving message. your writing style is beautiful and so is your outlook of life. i love your way of thinking and i believe the same as you: one should live despite the ups and downs. your positivity amazes me :--)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this one is my favourite because the poem is really unqiue holding a moving message. your writing style is beautiful and so is your outlook of life. i love your way of thinking and i believe the same as you: one should live despite the ups and downs. your positivity amazes me :--)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love love love your blog and your writing, as a writer myself it's very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete