Friday, 13 June 2014

extra special sneak peak


After the success of Jenna's story and all the lovely comments I received, I thought it would be a good idea to share with you another little instalment from the book. Yes, I have started to compose my crazy ideas into a novel, a very slow moving and haven'tdoneitforweeks novel, but still a novel.

There are one or two big changes before I share and that is JENNA IS NOW CALLED LEDA!
I got bored of Jenna pretty quickly so decided on a more exotic name. So without further ado here is a little snippet:

I am sitting at the park bench with my feet swinging; daring to prick at the clouds that gild the large expense of perfect nothingness. It is most extraordinarily ordinary the way he comes over and plonks down beside me. I only notice him when he extracts his tuna sandwich from his bag and ruins the perfect nothingness by adding something. And I can’t help but notice the way he lays out the crumpled tinfoil on his left knee before squishing his sandwiches with his palms. Strange.  He is most probably my age, maybe older, maybe younger but by a small margin. I can tell because his scarf has his year group and name written in it in a strangled sort of way. Fergus. Just Fergus, no surname just Fergus. Strange.
 
My legs lean slightly more in to his- only slightly, so I have an excuse to turn my head. His large tangle of curls abruptly appears in my eyes as he turns his own body the other way too put his tinfoil in the bin. Hi Fergus, you look interesting… What brings you to my bench? He turns back and stretches out his legs, my gaze quickly retreats. I see his head nod in my direction so I return with a weak smile- nothing. He has an intriguing stare… Even looking at the swings I catch his pupils widening and shrinking as if in a dance. Then he gets up.
The above is the third and fourth paragraph in the novel and I really hope you like it! If you did enjoy it and want to find out more then please please comment because it really does make me smile... I guess I was a little apprehensive about sharing this because you never know who could see it and steal it kind of thing but I wanted to do it for y'all so yeah. Yeah. Bye. Thanks. Erm.
-J
*Picture from Tumblr*

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm I'm intrigued ! More more more ! Please ! It's so good !
    Eb x
    Thefearlessfox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really good! Please share more I really enjoyed it!
    Just Above the Knees

    ReplyDelete
  3. I realy like the story so far ,its realy good please do more

    ReplyDelete