Sunday, 4 May 2014

Let it go.. (and this is not a reference to Frozen)

So I've written another short story... I hope you like it! Any feedback would be most welcome - your comments make me smile so much. Some big changes appearing on the blog very soon *excited* but for now enjoy another pointless rambling from a girl who thinks she can write *erm*


And she took his hand with a thrive for adventure as they danced through the shrubbery. Every time he spoke she smiled with such a force he couldn't help but return the gift. Light hugged their clothes as they swung above the tree tops, no one but the wind could catch their laughter. She sat down on the stump of wood thinking about him that morning. Wishing he was here to make her smile again...
And everyday since she allows the bruised sky to cocoon her in anger. Trees that spike the clouds with drunken attempts to damage dreams shake in the shadows. She hates them. They hold the embers of his endurance and pain. A pain which even a river of tears cannot erode away. For his smile etched deep in her heart, has twisted into a broken frown. She scratches at the bark with dirtied nails; her hair a tangle of mourning. She tries to peel away the memories that the leaves contain and drain away the happiness. Why don't they let her grieve? Why don't they turn brown under depression?
 
A tiny bird speckled white- as if pricked with stars- dances merrily between her toes. It stops and bows its head. Slowly. Before flying into a dappled path of morning sunlight.
 
It's only then she feels her own wings spreading. And she lets go.
 
- J

7 comments:

  1. I love how you've written this short story,
    I wish I could write as well as you can x

    On a Bed of Flowers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, you are lovely!

      Delete
  2. Hi Jessie,
    I love your blog and I read it everyday! : )
    I love the way you write stories, they are so description and flow nicely.
    Please write some more : )
    Love,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will continue to write more! And it so lovely that you read my blog everyday - it is comments like these that encourage me :)

      Delete
  3. Amazing job! I love to find people who actually appreciate writing and its uniqueness! Great piece of story too.

    <3 marguerite

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your amazing at creative writing, even in your usual blog posts! I love reading your blog :) x
    http://www.catchingdreamsblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete