Wednesday, 1 January 2014

why hello there, 2014

So there we have it. Another year that has zoomed past our very eyes. Many bloggers have done new year's posts in which they have reflected on the past year but I believe that as soon as that clock strikes 12 (Cinderella moment!), it  time to look forward. We can just about kid ourselves that 2013 was a happy happy year and it may very well of been but it is inevitable that we would have cried or had moments when the world hadn't seemed all unicorn(y) and rainbow(y). The same way that it is inevitable that 2014 will have not- so- happy moments too! But life is something that we can grab with both hands for free and although we may have sadness, it doesn't mean that the sadness has to take over our lives.

Here are a few of my favourite 2014 quotes that I am going to live this brilliant and fresh-canvas year by....


This isn't to say don't care about people, it means only care about things that are really important. Nothing shallow or unworthy because its a waste of your beautiful and precious time.



This is from one of my absolute favourite books in the world and this quote is my favourite. We have a choice and with that choice we can choose what hurts us and what we can say "I'm not going to let you take over my life" to!



Perfect for when you are feeling worthless and insignificant to the universe. Which I guess happens quite a lot for many. 



Another one from the 'Fault in our Stars' by John Green. I think this is so powerful it kinda explains itself...



Completely true. The past isn't your enemy- find it and turn it around. It isn't too late.




Trust. You get a lot back, trust me.



Pretty much sums up exactly how an attitude to life should be. Life won't stop so keep up and keep learning and discovering because there are plenty of people out there that need love.

Woah. Dude this post has been seriously deep! Hope this has inspired you in some weird way. Print off these amazing quotes and stick them round your room, on your cork-board or in a diary. Make this year your best yet!

2014, bring it on.

(oh and I have made a tumblr account : http://jessiemaisie.tumblr.com/ )

9 comments:

  1. Love this post, buddy!
    I am now very inspired for this year! xx

    Spaceship to Infinity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I just emailed you. Sorry it took me such a long time to reply, I feel so bad :/ I love these quotes particularly the last one, it makes me want to be more carefree! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quotes :P

    mahnoorapple.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great post ! So inspirational too ! Keep it up !
    Eb x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I've nominated you for the sunshine award so go check out my blog! x
    http://www.catchingdreamsblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice post! just nominate you for the Leibster award go check it out!
    http://missace99.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice post! just nominate you for the Leibster award go check it out!
    http://missace99.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete