Sunday, 26 January 2014

jenna// short story

oh i love writing. writing is a way to express your thoughts without a face behind those thoughts. so they can't judge you. so that you can type with no capital letters. i have decided to write a short story. like really really short as not to bore you. i am literally just writing what comes in to my head. i hope you enjoy it.


i'm jenna and i'm 15. 15 is an awkward age. most definitely an awkward age. it is an age at which you want to be an adult and talk louder and louder to make yourself heard. on monday i stood up infront of everyone in assembly and spoke. out loud. about some history thingy. people clapped and clapped and i just stood there smiling. people patted me on the back and were like, jenna your awesome. and i said thanks. i did. i really did. except it didn't happen. i am speaking in assembly now. saying this crap to you guys sitting here listening. i love to speak. i really do. i'm jenna and i'm 15, thankyou for listening.

i do love to talk. i really do. except i can't. i have so many things to say that are never said. you can't hear me. i have no voice. until now. i'm standing in assembly talking. i am. i am. and you are all watching. you are. i'm jenna and i'm 15. i'm mute. do you know how that feels? of course not, because i've said it all in my head. you can't hear me. you can't. your looking now. you want to know how i do it. i would tell you but you wouldn't understand. no of course not.

this speech i have said has touched you. i know it has. you will look at me differently now. and respect me. you can hear my voice now. so thankyou for listening. for hearing what i have to say although you cannot hear it. thankyou.

it is only now i realise i have said it all in my head.


Jenna's story is kinda sad I guess. I really enjoyed creating the voice of Jenna and I hope that you liked it too. It has given me an idea. A very big idea which may just be the greatest idea I have ever invented- or the worst. Who knows? But I will do it. I will. Because I want a voice. I'm going to write Jenna's story. As a novel. A real novel. And maybe one day people will hear my voice in there head as they read it.

Keep dreaming.

9 comments:

  1. Your writing is really amazing! Jenna's story is so sad and it really touched my heart. When you finish your novel could you post a bit of it on here for us to read the rest of Jenna's story? :) Your blog is lovely by the way, just followed on bloglovin xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks soo much! It is the most amazing thing to know that people are reading my work and comments like these jut brighten my day! Of course I will post more on this blog! It is really great to receive feedback.

      Delete
  2. Oooo ! I hope you do ! Keep posting because i thought that was beautiful !

    2-3oftheway.blogspot.co.uk
    Eb x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Love getting comments like these x

      Delete
  3. This is perfect! I love your style of writing, the varied sentence length works really well. You should definitely write the rest of the novel, I would love to read it! I watched a film last night called 'Ginger & Rosa' with Elle Fanning and Alice Englert in. It was about the friendship between these two girls, and Ginger really reminds me of Jenna. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this short story, its almost poetic! It would be great if you wrote a novel, I would read it! Love your blog x
    http://www.catchingdreamsblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heyy, I tagged you in a post on my blog! please check it out :) x
    http://www.catchingdreamsblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete