Tuesday, 24 December 2013

Reality Falls

Hello, I think right now, in this place, I feel lost. So many of the blogs I read portray this perfect life in perfect light but reality doesn't fall that way. It never will. I am a teenager, facing the struggles every teenager will face and this blog was created to connect with other teenagers my age and help them. Or talk to them. Or share my loves all the creative and wonderful things in this life... yet, not ignore all the bad. Below is a beautiful picture I took with my camera a while ago. It represents how within every dark shelter there is light inside... 


I want to feel grown up,
Yet young at the same time,
I want to be lifted up,
Yet grounded,
Everyone else goes to parties,
Whilst I stay inside,
I'm single,
I feel tiny,
And big,
And scared,
I laugh,
I cry,
I yell,
I hug,
Who am I?

Who am I? I'm Jessie. From Britain. An island in the ocean, in the world, in space. I'm living. But a real life. Not a perfect fairytale. I'm jealous. Jealous of girls who have everything, boyfriends, go to parties, have perfect hair. This isn't a good thing.... yet it isn't bad. I'm human. I fall, I crumble. I rise, I stand and then I fall again. I am blessed. Blessed with this life. I know. I should feel content. Yet some days I don't. But I'm human. It is okay. It's normal. 

It's life. And I'm living.

2 comments:

  1. Hey I read your blog previously on the other domain.
    I have also just started a blog recently and I was wondering if you would be able to check it out. Like yours it is still under construction a bit but I have posts up.
    Thank you :)
    Can't wait to see the final blog !
    Eb x

    2-3oftheway.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heeyy I went through your blog posts and saw this, I really love your blog by the way, but this post is so cute, I really recognise it and it ... me how open you are. Go for it girl, your blog is amazing, your instagram is amazing and you are even more amazinger haha. I think I am jealous of you, not jealous of the girls who have everything, boyfriends, go to parties, have perfect hair. But you are so open and lovable! I really hope you are seeing this! (I really love your hair, oh and I love your style too, and your stories, your advice, your adventures, your pictures. everything) Thankyou for being my inspiration

    xo - Sylke

    forestwriting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete